Our Mission & Core Values
Vision: Accelerating clean energy by delivering the most sustainable battery metals.
Mission: To harvest and process critical battery metals from the seabed, while protecting the environment.
What we do: We are building underwater robotic vehicles for harvesting battery metals and have invented a new form of mineral processing that uses bacteria metal respiration.
- Planet comes first: environment and people before profit.
- We encourage, share and accept all perspectives.
- We move fast, separating what must be done now from what can be improved later.
- We embrace and learn from every failure.
- We expand our scientific knowledge.
- We act as owners because we are.
We will deliver responsible metals in line with the BetterEV Statement. Responsible metals are mined and refined in a way that:
- Protects safety and human rights
- Is carbon neutral
- Maximizes the potential for recycling and circularity
- Eliminates toxic waste
- Avoids widespread habitat destruction
- Avoids water scarcity
- Avoids loss of biodiversity
- Avoids displacing Indigenous people or communities