Impossible Metals aims to be welcomed by the communities that host our business activities. We strive to be positive, proactive members of the communities in which we operate.
We work towards this goal by:
- Implementing effective, meaningful engagement with stakeholders;
- Displaying respect for cultural heritage and diversity;
- Creating fair, meaningful economic opportunities at the local and national scale;
- Investing in community projects and programs; and
- Fostering a strong residential workforce.
Building Sustainable Communities
Impossible Metals aims to create economic opportunities within our host regions by employing local people and purchasing local products and services. We aim to contribute to prosperous communities as part of our presence, and to be accountable for our actions and the impacts of our operations to our community stakeholders.
We seek regular feedback from our employees, partners, governments and other stakeholders, to ensure our initiatives and programs support the needs and goals of these communities.
Social Investment Framework
From the commencement of mining operations, we will implement a social investment program as part of our commitment to the communities in which we operate. We will develop programs in consultation with our community stakeholders, according to the following principles:
- Purposeful – with clear objectives and transparent monitoring and reporting of outcomes in line with the goals, needs and desires of our host communities;
- Respectful – developed and guided by local communities, supporting local cultures;
- Ethical and Accountable – sound legal and moral investment in accordance with host nation laws and reported transparently as part of our annual reporting.
Changes to this Policy
This policy is reviewed under Impossible Metals’s mandatory annual policy review schedule and is next due for formal review in December 2023.
« Return to Policies & Reports